Bathtub Photoshoot

I started a new painting, and now will demonstrate the process of creating it.
When I paint, I rarely do any sketches beforehand, I look through my photos, or create a photo to match my vision, and collage other objects/animals together to create a pleasing composition. So my plan was to create a painting involving water, and a bold pattern like the rest of my current series.

Here I am looking like a fool in the bathtub.

I did the quick initial sketch, and added the swan to mimic the curve of the body.

The first layer of the body is completed. 


I filled in the swan, and decided the water would be geometric and flat. 


Where I left off yesterday.

Where I left off today.
The background is far too heavy, and I need to think of how to deal with the space on her right. The leg is also confusing. Whenever I have to leave the studio with a painting unresolved like this it's quite annoying, but that's life, amirite?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Sonja Funnell Art: Bathtub Photoshoot

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bathtub Photoshoot

I started a new painting, and now will demonstrate the process of creating it.
When I paint, I rarely do any sketches beforehand, I look through my photos, or create a photo to match my vision, and collage other objects/animals together to create a pleasing composition. So my plan was to create a painting involving water, and a bold pattern like the rest of my current series.

Here I am looking like a fool in the bathtub.

I did the quick initial sketch, and added the swan to mimic the curve of the body.

The first layer of the body is completed. 


I filled in the swan, and decided the water would be geometric and flat. 


Where I left off yesterday.

Where I left off today.
The background is far too heavy, and I need to think of how to deal with the space on her right. The leg is also confusing. Whenever I have to leave the studio with a painting unresolved like this it's quite annoying, but that's life, amirite?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home