The Salvation of Two Fine Paintings

This painting was hard to look at yesterday, but I scrubbed the background with a paint thinner laden rag until it became transparent, and the depth came back. I also added some nature elements to the background.

This one looked like a disgusting mess, but now is working for me. The problem was the fake bright colors were removing the effectiveness of the blanket.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Sonja Funnell Art: The Salvation of Two Fine Paintings

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Salvation of Two Fine Paintings

This painting was hard to look at yesterday, but I scrubbed the background with a paint thinner laden rag until it became transparent, and the depth came back. I also added some nature elements to the background.

This one looked like a disgusting mess, but now is working for me. The problem was the fake bright colors were removing the effectiveness of the blanket.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home